Saturday, February 22, 2014

Guerlain Météorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer

Today I would like to show the "Guerlain Météorites Light-Diffusing Perfecting Primer".

This primer is probably one of the most beautiful beauty products that I own. The primer itself consists of a transparent gel base with creamy-looking light pink pearls. I got this primer as a Christmas gift but I see that it costs online around 59 Euros.

Here below you can see how the primer looks like. As many makeup products from Guerlain in comes in a nice glass bottle with a pump dispenser.



The texture of this primer is very interesting. Once you pump up the product the creamy pearls are breaking and get mixed with the transparent gel base. The mixture is very liquid and has a light floral smell. I tried to capture this in the photos below. The product is light pink with a pearly finish.




I am using this primer almost daily together with my "Guerlain Lingeries de Peau" foundation. After I moisturize my face I apply this primer. By the way I am not using a lot of product - one time pumping is enough. As the primer is quite liquid it needs a minute to set. Once it is a bit dried down the skin feels still moisturized and I cannot actually feel the primer.

So how does it look applied? Well, this is difficult to answer. On me you do not actually see the primer once it is applied. I can see that my skin gets a light shine which comes from the pearly shimmer of the product but it is only visible when I get really close to the mirror. I am using this as a primer and that's why I am not actually looking for any big effect right after its application.

Once I apply my foundation on top of the primer the main effect comes. The application of the foundation is easier and more even. I feel that may face reflects more light which makes my skin look brighter and less tired. For me this primer makes my foundation stay longer and once it starts fading out it fades out quite evenly.

Overall I believe this product is not intended to be used on it's own as it does not actually have any visible effect. Once used together with a foundation the primer has an effect on the foundation since the application gets smoother and more even. In my opinion setting the foundation evenly brings the result of the light reflection which makes the skin look brighter.

Summing up:

Pros:
  • Beautiful Product (if that can be counted as a pro :-))
  • Facilitates application of foundation
  • Foundation sets more even
  • Foundation stays longer
Cons:
  • Price!
  • No actual effect of product when used on its own

Have you tried this primer? What are your experiences? Please share your thoughts below; I would be happy to hear your experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Life Changing Art of Tidying! By Marie Kondo

This is the very first time that I am writing about a book. I only want to make a short note of it because it gave me an interesting wa...